Distributed Squeak and Environments

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Mon Jun 18 21:50:40 UTC 2001

Anthony,

this sounds like a great project! I think it is a good idea to unify
objects being sent to disk and objects being sent to a peer system
using image segments.

While associating environments with processes is also a good idea, we
only have one process for the GUI and that is a problem. It would be
nice if different visual objects could live in separate environments. I
could call up a system browser for the base environment, for example,
and another browser for an environment including some changeset. In a
system like BeOS each window would have its own process, but in Squeak
they don't (as far as I know).

-- Jecel