[BUG][FIX]Unstable Squeak Won't Load Modules on Macintosh

Wiebe Baron wiebe at cosmocows.com
Sun Jun 3 12:22:01 UTC 2001

Joseph,

StSq was released at this point "In the interest of getting this proto
release into as many hands and minds as possible". Hands and minds means
comments, complaints and fixes.

Your comments on the StSq list:

"We don't need more traffic. This list consists of two groups - the StSq
developers (a paltry few), and the lurkers. Let's keep it this way"

seem to suggest that input from anyone, including other developers, is not
welcome. I don't believe that this was the intention of the Squeak World
Tour.

Many of the concerns expressed on this list are not unfounded. If StSq
becomes the pink-plane basis of *our* Squeak, its functioning will impact us
all. We're not all just looking for a free Visual Works to base our work on.
Many of us share SqC's vision of the "personal computing environment". If
the *real* computer revolution is going to happen with Squeak, the
pink-plane is going to have to follow the blue-plane into the clouds.

Now is a good time to comment. Yesterday perhaps, would have been better.

Cheers,
Wiebe