Very slow performance on faster machine

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Wed Jun 27 04:48:20 UTC 2001

>If it's just Squeak and not other Windows apps that are slower on this
>machine, you may want to make sure that there's not something wrong with your
>image.  Does a freshly downloaded 3.1alpha image perform this slowly?
>
>Also, it might be worth checking the CPU meter in the Windows task manager
>while Squeak is running (and while it's not running) to see if anything
>unusual is going on.

Doug brings up some very good points.

Also, check available hard drive space. I personally have experienced
sluggish
performance when available disk goes below 100MB.

Jeff Sz.

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
   we borrow it from our grandchildren.
      -- Haida Indian Saying