Distributed squeak?

Göran Hultgren gohu at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:49:00 UTC 2001

Hi all!

--- Galchin Vasili <vngalchin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Francisco,
>
>    I totally agree with you. I am also waiting for
> replies to your posting.
>
> Regards, Vasili
>
> --- Francisco Colho <fc at dmat.uevora.pt> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there some option to "execute" some squeak code
> > on a remote VM/Image?

There have been several frameworks for this floating around, I have at least 3 I think downloaded
at home - one from Rob Withers I believe (was it called RMP? Remote Message Passing?), I was very
interested for a while for a project of ours but it is "sleeping" right now.

The easiest way to find these things would be to check the Swiki, and yep, there I found at least
two (one of them being an attempt of a SOAP implementation):

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/684
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1399

Had you checked it? ;-) :-)

regards, Göran

PS. I think the stuff by Rob I mentioned looked the most interesting at the time (if my memory
serves me right). Check the searchable email archive at:
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at:9009/Server.home
DS

=====
Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
"Department of Redundancy department." -- ThinkGeek