Need input for binary component model for Squeak

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jun 27 11:02:05 UTC 2001

Hi

we are starting to work on new models of binary components.
We would like to take Squeak projects or VW parcels (may be class files)
as a starting point and introduce more meta-information, description of
services provided, compatibility with version of classes in the image (once
we have stable Squeak Module available).

In the process we would like to see how we can provide more robust
(regardings identification of changes in image) projects for Squeak.

As you see the work is just starting and point in several directions.
We would like to gather your ideas and input, related papers...
Any feedback is welcome.

Stef