consolidating squeak web presence

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jun 1 08:01:52 UTC 2001

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > my view is that we should have a rewrite rule on minnow that hides it. So
> > when addressed as http://swiki.squeak.org, the wiki appears at the top
> > level.
> > Based on your comment above, though, I don't think you're actually
> > arguing in favor of keeping the /squeak/ path visible. Am I right?
>
> Correct, I am not.  :-)  There are several mechanisms which could be used to
> cause the Squeak swiki to appear as the root, when coming from that host.

Currently, the default document (/) lists all the Swikis on that site. But
this can be changed easily - I'm just not sure how the GA-Tech folks feel
about this ...

If the only point is to help memorizing the URL, a simple redirect scheme
works well. For example, my
	http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/
is redirected to
	http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/gsug/
while the original swiki list can be accessed via
	http://swiki.gsug.org:8888/all

-- Bert