New VM for Linux?

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Jun 29 13:08:35 UTC 2001

Christopher,

There are several possibilities for what I think you want to do.

- If you are interested in kids publishing their projects and later being able to load them back, you could just use a normal Squeak image and a shared file server with directories for each student or each class. Navigation would be by either the blue publish/find dialogs or the plain old file list.

- You could do something like BSS running locally. The code is available if you're up to a little hacking around or you can wait until it becomes part of the normal ComSwiki distribution.

- If you want something just like squeakland.org, Andreas or Michael could tell you more about how that works.

Cheers,
Bob