[BUG] SyntaxMorph testClass:andMethod:

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Jun 29 16:43:48 UTC 2001

Steve

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:19:08 -0800  Steve Wart <thecows at home.com> wrote:
>1. The confusing bit is how to resize the scriptor. I read the class
>comments on SyntaxMorph and couldn't get past the first step. After
>spending about and hour and consulting with someone who was using it
>with 3.0 we were able to track down the change and get the command to
>work with the earlier version of the method. Since this method is only
>used from StringHolder>>openSyntaxView, a hypothesis was put forth that
>this change made it easier to drop SyntaxMorphs into books for
>interactive demos.

>3. The 'nasty' method is testClass:andMethod: -- in the sense that the
>original window-based method was pretty short and easy to understand.
>The new version of the method has what appear to be UI parameters
>hard-coded into it, and it's not clear why the authors made these
>changes.

The changes were made to make script editors in the Universal tiles environment work correctly. If you change the final few lines #testClass:andMethod: to reas as follows:

	syn finalAppearanceTweaks.
	">>SyntaxMorph setSize: nil andMakeResizable: outer.<<"
	outer setProperty: #autoFitContents toValue: true.
	outer openInWorld

you will find it a bit friendlier.

Cheers,
Bob