[BUG]MPEGPlugin Re: [BUG]Re: [updates] 36 for 3.1alpha

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Mar 11 19:24:28 UTC 2001

Ok, I was able to use the playerMorphic to bring up the video and
play it. It takes a long time before the first frame happens. Perhaps
there is a problem in the encoding with how many keyframes there are.

However usually if I adjust the location using the slider, we will
end up in the C code attempting to seek to the required frame and it
does not return. I'll look tomorrow to see if I can understand what
the issue is.

Note that there is some problems with seeking on a percentage basis,
versus a frame/sample viewpoint. The underlying C code relies on
timecode information if you seek on a percentage bases. But timecode
information is optional, thus we loop forever when it can't resolve
the percentage request. I quick look shows (I believe) this isn't the
case, but more effort on my part is required to resolve the problem.