Creating "commands" for Etoys

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Mar 23 00:31:25 UTC 2001

On 22 Mar 2001 17:06:24 -0700 J Scott Jaderholm <scott at jaderholm.com> wrote:
>How do I create "commands" for Etoys?  That is, the things with yellow
>buttons with exclamation points in them (not scripts, which afaik are
>made up of commands).

Scott,

I assume you are referring to the phrases in the viewer (like "foo forward by 5") even though scripts do have the yellow exclamation as well. The answer is that today it's a bit on the difficult side, but coming soon will be some changes that make it easy (opening up all of Smalltalk, e.g.). Hang in there a little longer.

Cheers,
Bob