Improving the interface (w.r.t. scrollbars)

C. Keith Ray ckeithray at home.com
Wed Mar 7 15:59:58 UTC 2001

[...]
> a year ago. My first programming experience was with Prograph. It
> saddens me what became of Prograph. A great example of why I like open
> source software. Still have Dan's book. :)
>
> Just some thoughts.
>
> Jimmie Houchin

I couldn't use Prograph. It seemed like I needed three hands (two on the
keyboard and one on the mouse) or a five-button mouse.

I really miss HyperCard, but I wish its out-of-the-box capabilities had
expanded smoothly as it aged, instead of in fits and starts, with
hard-to-use band-aids for new functionality for long periods of time.

Lots of children and untrained adults did many marvelous things with
Hypercard. I knew a guy who knew the guy who wrote a compiler in Hypercard.

----

C. Keith Ray
<http://homepage.mac.com/keithray/resume.html>