Problem with network primitive in 30 final

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 13 14:27:55 UTC 2001

Hi Bob
this is true that the interface of Envy is bad really bad but
between able to load one version and check the difference
with all the dependencies is useful.
I always feel insecure in Squeak.

> Stephane,
>
> - Do other versions of Squeak work under the same conditions?

What do you mean by that?
Here I have two macs connected to the net and I can do everything I want with them.

> - Could this be a proxy issue?

I checked with a friend of mine that told me that we may have a proxy
problem. He reported that somebody in the mailing list mentionned that
he has a similar problem in the context of udpate and that after a
while he found how to put the right settings but never mentionned what
he made exactly.

Have you any idea. May be I can try some code update to see if this
break too?   I never made that.

> - Could you include SqueakDebug.log?
13 March 2001 2:16:16 pm
Error: a primitive has failed
HTTPSocket(Object)>>error:
HTTPSocket(Object)>>primitiveFailed
HTTPSocket(Socket)>>primSocket:sendData:startIndex:count:
HTTPSocket(Socket)>>sendData:
HTTPSocket(SimpleClientSocket)>>sendCommand:
HTTPSocket class>>httpPostToSuperSwiki:args:accept:request:
SuperSwikiServer>>sendToSwikiProjectServer:
SuperSwikiServer>>entries
FileList2>>listForPattern:
[] in FileList2(FileList)>>updateFileList
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>on:do:
BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
BlockContext>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
FileList2(FileList)>>updateFileList
FileList2(FileList)>>pattern:
FileList2>>directory:
FileList2>>setSelectedDirectoryTo:
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>setSelectedMorph:
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>mouseDown:onItem:
EventHandler>>send:to:withEvent:fromMorph:
EventHandler>>mouseDown:fromMorph:
IndentingListItemMorph(Morph)>>mouseDown:
IndentingListItemMorph(StringMorph)>>mouseDown:
IndentingListItemMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseDown:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
IndentingListItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
IndentingListItemMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
TransformMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
AlignmentMorphBob1(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:using:
PasteUpMorph(Morph)>>processEvent:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents