[ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V2.0 (version 2.0 released)

Stewart MacLean stingray at paradise.net.nz
Wed Mar 14 21:59:33 UTC 2001

----------
From:  David T. Lewis
Sent:  14 March 2001 14:52
To:  squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
Cc:  goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Subject:  Re: [ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V2.0 (version 2.0 released)

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 04:47:37AM -0800, Göran Hultgren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> --- "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > Just having a bit of fun with it. Next time I'll add a smiley ;)
> >
> > I did the pipeline support (ConnectedUnixProcess>>| ) just to see if
> > it could be done. It can.
>
> Hey, I think it looks extremely useful! Don't let Michael discourage you! ;-) ;-)

Thanks for your kind words. I am forced to admit, though, that a Smalltalk
implemention of a Unix command line shell is pretty far off on the useless
end of the spectrum. But with suitable encouragement, I might be prompted (sic)
to forge onward. Next on my agenda is an implementation of Model33ksrMorph,
which will implement a tty interface on which to enter commands to the Shell.
This will hopefully be viewed as significant advance over the somewhat archaic
PunchedCard previously implemented by Bob Arning.

Just kidding. Maybe.

- Dave

	I don't think it's useless either - I am working on a commercial system in VisualWorks which uses this feature.

Keep it up

Stewart