Views - initiating a new programming paradigm

Dan Shafer dshafer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 20:56:28 UTC 2001

Billy....

Yeah, I agree that I see these things because I was trained to see them. I
think, too, that part of my predisposition here stems from the fact that I am:

(a) not a professionally trained computer scientist or programmer

(b) a strong believer in empowering end users through scripting and other
approaches to take control of their systems and their computing lives.

In this latter context, I find that I can teach people with essentially no
training at all in programming how to program using an object model in a very
short time whereas trying to teach them to program using a procedural model or
a declarative model is much more difficult.