Is the change in startup behavior intentional ?

Fri Mar 9 01:07:00 UTC 2001

Michael Rueger wrote:

> Alain Fischer wrote:
> >
> > I have noticed a change (I daren't call this a bug) related to the startup
> > behavior of Squeak between 3.0#3552 and 3.1alpha#3776.
> >
> > The symptoms are for 3.1alpha3776:
> > - When I make a browser plugin image with "PluginLauncher activate",
>
> You don't need to do this any longer. Every "normal" image is already
> "plugin ready".

Well it seem you are right but now, I was not able to run squeaklet
in a fresh 3.0 image, I allways get an error:

9 March 2001 1:33:27 am
MessageNotUnderstood: unzipped
ByteArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
PluginCodeLoader(CodeLoader)>>installSourceFile:
[] in PluginCodeLoader(CodeLoader)>>installSourceFiles
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
PluginCodeLoader(CodeLoader)>>installSourceFiles
PluginLauncher>>startUp
[] in AutoStart class>>startUp
WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
PasteUpMorph>>runStepMethods
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess

I have tried to go in the code to see what was not working
If I understand well:
- first the .sts file is loaded in the Netscape cache
- second this file is filed in (this result in his execution)

I have checked in the Netscape cache and there is a file
whose content corespond to "test.sts" and with aprox. the
correct date and time of download.

The DNU error appear when it try to relod from the cache.
Nil is returned instead of a String representing the content
of the file "test.sts".

I will try to go a little further tomorrow.
My eyes are completly closed now.

http://www.squeaklet.com/NPSqueak/examples/class/loader.html