Is Squeak 3.0 ready for fame?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 22 20:13:54 UTC 2001

On Thursday 22 March 2001 06:51, Bruce ONeel wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm happy to submit updates to which ever websites seem
> interesting.  There are two reasons why I haven't done this yet:
>
> - I couldn't sell food and water to starving people in the
> desert.
>
> - I didn't want to take this job from someone else who would feel
> it is there job.
>
> That said, I'm happy to do it.
>
> I can update:
>
> http://www.techtracker.com/mp/devregapp.m
> http://www.windowstracker.com/new_submit.shtml
> http://freshmeat.net

Your point, about needing a Unix VM in binary form (in addition to the .deb
one) is a good one. I wouldn't want to hit Freshmeat until you had the Linux
VM ready in RPM form as well as .deb form.

Does anyone out there know how to make an RPM? I have sources and diffs (as
well as a binary) for a later Unix VM than 3.0pre2 (it also has wheel mouse,
focus, etc. fixes in it).

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA