Against wastefull forks (Re: Taking Ownership of Squeak (WAS Re: Python at Disney))

Dan Shafer dshafer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 03:34:00 UTC 2001

--- "Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:

> Perhaps you ought to hang out for awhile longer, and at least try to
> contribute your modifications, before proposing a fork.  Forks should
> be the result of irreconcilable differences, and never one of mere
> convenience.

I suspect that is sound advice, Andrew, and I appreciate it. I am certainly
neither in a hurry to see a fork nor the one who should spearhead an effort
should it become appropriate. I wanted to spark a debate, take the pulse of the
community. I am now going to go do some coding. I suspect this issue will
resurrect itself in a few months.