[BUG][FIX] FileExistsException returns StandardFileStream

Alexander Lazarevic lazarevi at cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Mar 23 09:53:10 UTC 2001

If you try to do something like the following in the case that the
file already exists and you chose to overwrite that file, fs will be
an instance of StandardFileStream.

fs := CrLfFileStream newFileNamed: 'remove.me'.

I stumbled over this, when I tried to rebuild the VM sources on Linux
and the compiler choked on some files because of the CR lineends.

A small change in FileExistsExceptions defaultAction method should
take care of this.

Alex

PS: Squeak3.1alpha of 15 February 2001 latest update: #3848