[BUG] Missed events in 3.1 (Unix, Win32)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Mar 10 21:24:55 UTC 2001

On Saturday 10 March 2001 13:13, John M McIntosh wrote:
> >I've been noticing that sometimes input events (mouse clicks, especially)
> > are getting missed.
>
> Yes, this is a bug. If you inspect this code fragment and try typing,
> mouse clicks, etc good luck...

What I am finding:

All events are getting queued (display ok) in EventSensor>>processEvent:
(added a displayAt: line in there)

Some events are not getting handled (not displaying OK) in
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
(turned on ShowEvents)

> I'd fix it, but I'm about to jump on a plane, and I don't know what
> the original fix was required to fix. However I suspect someone might
> be working on this issue right now...

I certainly hope so... one of the reasons I heard on the Pocket Smalltalk
list for not wanting to use Squeak was an impression from someone who tried
it back in 2.7 days and stopped because it lost input events.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com