swiki and Squeak documentation

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 16 17:39:52 UTC 2001

We certainly could do this, but as Doug pointed out, this was the old
PWS version of Swiki (old Swiki, actually, not old Squeak :-), so we
didn't have the same flexibility in paths.  But Jen has graduated,
and there are only so many hours in a day...:-)

Mark

At 9:06 AM -0800 3/16/01, Ned Konz wrote:
>On Friday 16 March 2001 03:14, Dick Karpinski wrote:
> > Is there a wiki with the Squeak sources spread out with at least each
> > class on a different page? With appropriate invitations, I think that
> > might be a good way to gather both commentary and questions from the
> > entire community. It would become a resource for programmers because
> > it would always have material more recent than the latest release.
>
>Given the nature of the swikis, why can't you do this:
>
>* translate all URL's of the form:
>	http://myswiki.com/top/squeak/ClassName
>	http://myswiki.com/topsqueak/ClassName/methodName
>	http://myswiki.com/topsqueak/ClassCategoryName
>	http://myswiki.com/topsqueak/ClassName/protocolName
>
>into direct method source lookups (who needs a separate file for these things
>when you already have the sources on file)?
>
>* but first look to see if anyone has edited the page; if so, deliver that
>page instead.
>
>* accept edits by making a new page with the original method source (or class
>summary, or whatever) followed by the new content
>
>This would be transparent, and would only generate new files when someone
>changed the content.
>
>--
>Ned Konz
>currently: Stanwood, WA
>email:     ned at bike-nomad.com
>homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu