everybuddy

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at exobox.com
Tue Mar 6 20:44:17 UTC 2001

>On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Duane Maxwell wrote:
>
>> The issue with Jabber is that somebody will have to host a server.
>
>Why? There are servers - see http://jabberview.com/

In my admittedly limited experience, a lot of the public Jabber servers are
used primarily for development and tend to go up and down a lot, and
occasionally get reset.  It makes sense since people are testing buggy
clients against them and they tend to accumulate some cruft. I was assuming
that perhaps someone would set up a smaller, more manageable and known
server just for the Squeak community.

-- Duane