benchmarks

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Fri Mar 30 15:49:50 UTC 2001

> From: G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
> Performance is one thing, but isn't Java loosing it's
> platform independancy
> now Microsoft goes it's own way after SUN's victory (?) in court?

Depends --- I have Sun's Java VM on my Windows 2000 box, for example.  There
might be some fun with IE applets, though.

The more disturbing one from my point of view was to discover a large
pharmaceutical company that has an absolutely rigid .NET policy for *all*
new projects.  If it ain't in C#, they're not interested.  Even if it's
middle-tier code.

		- Peter