[project] Draft for BlockClosure Semantics for Squeak v0.4

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 28 19:00:07 UTC 2001

Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> is widely believed to have written:

> > > Ian has suggested this might make a
> > > useful improvement for the jitter
> >
> > Do you know, why this could be faster?
>
> Is the cutting of the CompiledMethod's in smaller pieces an advantage for a
> jitter?
I actually don't remember if he even offered a particular reason,
just that he mentioned it would be helpful. Just guessing, but I could
imagine that if you have a Closure object with its own method pointer,
it might be simpler and quicker to locate the start point (since
you'd know it was 0!) than by finding the owner method and going via an
offset.

tim

You never finish a program, you just stop working on it.