Multithreading in Squeak

J Scott Jaderholm scott at jaderholm.com
Thu Mar 8 22:36:00 UTC 2001

Hi,

When I click FIND and then Bob's SuperSwiki it normally takes about 10
seconds or so to lookup the listing of projects.  During this time the
whole rest of the Squeak process stalls up and I can't do things in
other windows etc.

I bring this situation up because it's pretty much the only thing that
takes long enough in squeak that I'd like to be doing something else.

I'm curious though, is it only my linux box that is doing this because
the linux VM doesn't have multithreading for squeak or is it squeak in
general.  If it is linux, how do I fix it?  If it is squeak in
general, who is working on this?  One of the biggest things I hear
complained about emacs is it's lack for multithreading and it would be
a shame if squeak didn't have that.

Sincerely,
jsj