MacVM 3.0MT8

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Mar 2 14:23:37 UTC 2001

On 1 Mar 2001, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Randal> What *image* am I supposed to put into my Preferences/Squeak/Internet
> Randal> folder?  Do I just copy any old 3.0/3.1 .image/.changes file in there,
> Randal> as long as I rename it to SqueakPlugin.image?  Can I leave all the
> Randal> original windows and projects in place?

Yes.

> Randal> The instructions on http://www.squeaklet.com/NPSqueak/install.htm
> Randal> (which seems to be the only instructions around) tell me to do
> Randal> something with src/build.st, which is *not* found in the linked .zip
> Randal> file.  Do I still need to use "PluginLauncher activate" before I save
> Randal> the image?

No. Actually Michael's instructions start with "You need either the
prepared 2.8 image or a current image". A version 3 image is current.

> And using the existing 3.1 image I have sitting around gives me
> a DNU walkback on unzipped:
>
>     MessageNotUnderstood: unzipped
>     ByteArray(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
>     CodeLoader>>installSourceFile:

That's a bug I reported a while back. The security manager switches the
stream to binary in CodeLoader>>installSourceFile:, so a ByteArray is read
instead of a String, which does not understand #unzipped. The fix is to
switch the stream to text mode before unzipping.

-- Bert