everybuddy

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Mar 5 08:09:58 UTC 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Dino wrote:

> Brian Zhou wrote:
> >
> > Hi Squeakers,
> >
> > Happen to bump into http://www.everybuddy.com which is quite interesting.
>
> Since you're looking at everybuddy, I'm guessing you're looking for a
> AIM/ICQ clone eh?  I've written one called IWIN that handles both ICQ
> and AIM though I havent updated it in ages.  (it works though)  I think
> you can still access it at http://instantmessaging.swiki.net.

I think Michael worked on a Jabber implementation
(http://www.jabber.org/).  Jabber interfaces with AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, etc.,
but this is handled at the jabber server so the client does not have to
implement all that protocols. This seems better than everybuddy because
everybuddy supports all protocols on the client, right?

-- Bert