[BUG]? FileDirectory>>directoryContentsFor:

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 13 00:33:24 UTC 2001

I'm not entirely sure this is a bug, but it certainly seems like
inconsistent and possibly unwanted behavior. Well, *I* don't want it.

If #directoryContentsFor: succeeds, it returns a possible empty Array. If
the primative #primLookupEntryIn:index: fails, it returns the symbol
#badDirectoryPath (not an exception!). #directoryContentsFor: thereupon
returns a Fresh, Empty OrderedCollection.

So, in order:
	If it's going to act as if a bad directoy is empty, shouldn't
	it return an array?

	Are bad directories empty? It seems that *some* sort of error or
	exception should be signaled, though I don't want to make things
	more complicated :) (Remember: I hate exceptions.)

	Anyone up for a total reworking of the whole file stuff?

Fixes respectively:

	Change:
		#badDirectoryPath = entryArray
				ifTrue: [^ OrderedCollection new].
	to:
		#badDirectoryPath = entryArray
				ifTrue: [^ Array new].

	Gawd, I don't know. I hate exceptions

	Someone else's job, definitely. You don't want me to go
	there. Really. I'll kibbitz and whine, though.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.