Project save file format changed: how to publish for 3.0 users?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 8 19:54:07 UTC 2001

Superswiki is version specific.  It's reasonable, with a good bit of
work, for people to be able to load 3.0 projects into 3.1.  It's very
hard to allow the opposite, however.  For now, people should only browse
and especially *post* to a SuperSwiki if they have the same version of
Squeak that is on the SuperSwiki (ie, 3.0 for Bob's).

It's an irritating problem because the 3.1 poster will likey be unaware
that they've contaminated the SuperSwiki.  The post will succeed, and in
*their* image the projects load just fine.  But people using 3.0 will
get errors involving missing classes and differing numbers of instance
variables.

The format itself doesn't matter, in lieu of these problems with class
versions.

-Lex