Can't get latest updates

Steve Gilbert steven.l.gilbert at lmco.com
Fri Mar 2 21:49:42 UTC 2001

Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

When I try to update I get:

No new updates on the server
squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/
Would you like to try the next server?

If I select Try next server I get:

0 new update files(s) processed.

Thinking that it's just my image I downloaded a complete new package for
windows from:

http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/Squeak.zip [VM+image]
per Andreas Raab's previous announcement.

It allows my to do updates to the 3.0 image, then I hit the 3.1alpha
warning bumper.
Save the image and quit, come back in and proceed over the bumper and
into the 3.1alpha updates.

The system loads 47 new updates:

'help...'/'about this system' returns:
Squeak3.1alpha of 2 March 2001
	latest update: #3664
Current Change Set: New Changes

About Squeak VM on Win32 reads:
Squeak 3.1 VM (alpha build 1) from Feb 28 2001

So now I can't even get to 3696.

Trying update again gives:

No new updates on the server
squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/
Would you like to try the next server?

Select "Try next server":

Hmm.. it loads 15 new update files now I'm at 3679. Still not to 3696.

Trying update again gives:

No new updates on the server
squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/
Would you like to try the next server?

Select "Try next server":

No joy this time.

Trying a Save and Quit, back in and trying update again gives:

17 new update files processed.  OK now I'm up to #3696 :)

I'm seeing a pattern here, Save & Quit again, back in and trying update
again gives:

No new updates on the server
squeak.cs.uiuc.edu/Squeak2.0/
Would you like to try the next server?

Select "Try next server":

Again no joy. Response is: 0 new update files processed.

If I attempt to select the European Squeak Updates first I still get:
0 new update files processed.

Vitals are now:
Squeak3.1alpha of 2 March 2001
	latest update; #3696
Current Change Set: New Changes

Again this is all from a virgin image, any pointers on where to set a
halt to help debug this? I'm guessing that there is an index compare
that is failing either due to the value I'm receiving from the server,
or from my image. However, I'm not familiar which class(es) this code
would be in.

Also, it might be helpful if another windows user could repeat this from
a virgin image.

My only oddity is that I am behind a Proxy server and so have to execute
a:
HTTPSocket useProxyServerNamed: 'proxy-den.global.lmco.com' port: 80.

"Still Stumped" Steve Gilbert :(