Squeak and Music Editors

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Thu Mar 8 20:23:04 UTC 2001

I'm looking for someone who has hooked Squeak, or thought about hooking Squeak, to an external music editor.

I'm still looking but the most likely candidate so far is Coda's FINALE which supports its own plugins and runs on both the Mac and Windoze. It has a rich interface to its plugins, but it is not clear to me how to get a Squeak plugin to talk to a Finale plugin. Finale does not support AppleEvents.

Anyone have any experience with this? I'd sure appreciate any pointers, or offline email, or whatever.

Dave
--
David N. Smith