Building 3.0 pre2 on ARM

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Sat Mar 3 02:02:34 UTC 2001

Hi Craig:

I attempted the changes to sqGnu.h specified in your link...  Your additions
for ARM were:

#if defined(__arm__)
# define IP_REG asm("%0")
# define SP_REG asm("$1")
# define CB_REG asm("$2")

However, when I try to compile I get:

gnu-interp.c:4978: invalid register name `$1' for register variable
gnu-interp.c:4980: invalid register name `$2' for register variable

Should SP_REG and CB_REG be %1 and %2 instead of $1 and $2?  ( I have no idea,
I'm just guessing :)

The odd thing about all of this is that I had no problems compiling 2.9a.  I
checked my 2.9a sqGnu.h and there wasn't anything defined for ARM in there,
either...yet it compiled just fine!