[BUG]? Sensor shiftPressed not returning correct value, (was RE: Uninterruptable Squeak)

Joerg Beekmann beekmann at columbusgroup.com
Thu Mar 8 21:22:38 UTC 2001

After reading some of the Uninterruptable thread I started playing with the
following code:

[[true] whileTrue:
	[|halt|
	halt _ Sensor shiftPressed.
	halt ifTrue: [self halt.].
	Transcript show: halt; cr.
	(Delay forSeconds: 1) wait]] forkAt: 7

If I doit and then depress the shift key nothing happens, except the
transcript continues to print false! Then moving (or clicking) the mouse
while continuing to hold the shift key down will result in a halt within a
second. Is this the expected behaviour?

Joerg