[BUG] Missed events in 3.1 (Unix, Win32)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Mar 10 21:13:04 UTC 2001

>I've been noticing that sometimes input events (mouse clicks, especially) are
>getting missed.

Yes, this is a bug. If you inspect this code fragment and try typing,
mouse clicks, etc good luck...

[10000 timesRepeat: [InputSensor default mousePoint.
	(Delay forMilliseconds: 10) wait]] fork

mousePoint calls this.

EventSensor>>primMouseButtons
	inputSemaphore signal.
	eventQueue ifNotNil:[eventQueue flush].
	^mouseButtons

The problem is is that many routines lead to the prim functions in
EventSensor where any pending events get flushed which was changed by
ar on 12/5/00. Someone needs to review ALL the prim call trees and
understand what why the flush got there in the first place, and why
it causes problems. Some paths lead to overrides in EventSensor that
don't do the flush.

I'd fix it, but I'm about to jump on a plane, and I don't know what
the original fix was required to fix. However I suspect someone might
be working on this issue right now...