Cmd/Ctrl/Cmd-shift keys on windows (was Re: "File in" dialogbox

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Mar 15 00:03:10 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 14 March 2001 12:27, Bob Arning wrote:

> This is Windows, right? Maybe someone knows if we can get Windows to cough
> up more Mac-like keystrokes or perhaps we can rearrange the tables involved
> to get better results.

Speaking of better results, what are the copy/paste keys on a Mac? On the
Windows and Linux VM's and the standard Squeak image, the typical Ctrl-C
(copy), Ctrl-V (paste) keys don't work (well, ctrl-v inserts a date stamp, I
think). Instead, you have to use Alt-C or Alt-V to get copy/paste behavior.
This gets very frustrating, since it's the only app I have that defines these
keys this way.

Coupled with the fact that the clipboard copy doesn't work between Squeak and
other programs on my system (still haven't figured this one out; Squeak is
the only program having clipboard problems on my system), it can be pretty
confusing sometimes...

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA