Project save file format changed: how to publish for 3.0 users?

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Mar 8 08:48:29 UTC 2001

> Does this mean that I can no longer save .pr files for 3.0
> users to load from Bob's Super Swiki?

It merely means that you should use a 3.0 image for publishing stuff that
can be read by 3.0 people. The project format changes are backward
compatible (e.g., a 3.1 image reads 3.0 projects fine) but not the other way
around.

> Will there be updates to 3.0 to allow it to load these?

That's unlikely. Quite a bit has changed and integrating the changes back
into 3.0 is equivalent to updating to 3.1 alpha. And that's what people
should do if they're interested in the newer stuff.

> Or (better) maybe a conversion utility or preference in 3.1?

Not unless you write one ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas