Casing in filesystems

Michael Conlen meconlen at obfuscated.net
Tue Mar 13 07:12:35 UTC 2001

Depending on what your trying to do I'd read the directory and find what
your looking for, instead of relying on the OS to do it, because in a
networked world, it's getting really funky. I think Syntax's implemntation
of SMB does that. You should probably also code for the semantics of each
OS, so on DOS/Windows you look for case inspecific as the user expects it to
work, and on UNIX you look for case, and remember that on some Windows boxes
you could have two files that match the same filename... ...but that may be
best served with file, directory, or even filesystem objects.

--
Groove On Dude
Michael Conlen
meconlen at obfuscated.net