[BUG]MPEGPlugin Re: [BUG]Re: [updates] 36 for 3.1alpha

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Mar 11 17:38:40 UTC 2001

Karl,

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:25:25 +0100 Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>Thanks, seems fixed now. So on to the next bug in the MPEGPlugin
>this time. I have a MPEGFile I found on the net to test with.
>It's called dancers. It workes with QuickTime in Mac os.
>If I test it with
>
>MPEGFile isFileValidMPEG:'dancers.mpg'
>
>it answers true. But if I do
>
>MPEGFile openFile:'dancers.mpg'
>
>Squeak hangs. With previous fix, at least I can kill Squeak off without
>restarting the machine :-)
>If anyone with plugin fixing knowledge wants the dancers.mpg to test with
>send a note my way.

If it's on the web, send me the url and I'll look at it. (I'd rather not get it as an email).

Just as a quick test, you might try bumping the

	Smalltalk extraVMMemory: nnn

to something even larger (a meg or two, just for fun). Save, quit, restart and try it again. It might be that this movie requires more of that sort of memory.

Cheers,
Bob