ACM1 Webcast: Windows-only

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sun Mar 11 07:23:34 UTC 2001

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001, Mark Guzdial wrote:
> I just went to check the ACM1 site (http://www.acm.org/acm1) to see
> if they'll be webcasting -- AND THEY ARE!  I'd love to see Alan's
> talk Tuesday morning
> (http://www.acm.org/acm1/conference/conf_sked.html).
>
> AND VIA MICROSOFT, ONLY FOR WINDOWS!  No Mac plugin available,
> according to the Netscape plugin search.

Do you have Windows Media player installed?  Sometimes Netscape's plug-in
search seems to be on crack.  I've had it tell me that there's no plug-in
for Shockwave before...

There's a version 6.3:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/macintosh.asp

and a 7 beta:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/mac7.asp

Try installing one of these, and let us know if you have any luck- I'm on
spring break, and using my family's modem-connected Mac...

Aaron

Aaron Reichow  ::  Twin Ports ACM VP ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic024/
"The profit system follows the path of least resistance and following the
path of least resistance is what makes a river crooked." -U. Utah Phillips