[ENH] Cassowary

J Scott Jaderholm scott at jaderholm.com
Wed May 16 16:26:28 UTC 2001

Joshua Channing Gargus <schwa at cc.gatech.edu> writes:

> I have ported Cassowary, an "incremental constraint solving toolkit
> that efficiently solves systems of linear equalities and inequalities"
> to Squeak.  The original software was written by Greg Badros and Alan
> Borning (who wrote the original ThingLab).  Included is a Morphic port
> of the demos that come with the Cassowary distribution.

Has anyone used Greg and Alan's SCWM (Scheme Window Manager)?
Supposedly one of it's great strengths is it's use of Cassowary in
dealing with windows.  I've never been able to get it install to try
it out, but I wonder what kind of benefits Squeak could gain from
using Cassowary with regard to windows?

Sincerely,
jsj

--