new tutorial squeakland

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Mon May 14 20:45:12 UTC 2001

Ok Alan, I read in an intro in Squeakland that your preferred teachingstyle
is helping children discovering things on their own. So never give them the
(boring) whole answer.

I now know that you mean children of all ages: Yes, I did find
World>help>preferences (still wondering what that Squeak flap is, you were
talking about..)
Then it took me some more time to find Morphic (While we talk about
painting..) and "uncheck UnlimitedPaintArea" became the answer for unsetting
fullscreen painting...
I get the feeling, but boy o boy it takes me a lot of time to reinvent the
wheel.

(Reminds me also to that little girl that sends a book about penguins back
to the publisher with a little note: "Dear sir, I send this book back to
you, because it tells me more about penguins than I ever want to know.")
This time I do not want to develop this penguin-feeling with Squeak: your
nice tutorials, checked for each release, in your case the
Squeakland-plugin, help me a lot..

(By the way, I am NOT complaining when I sent you my comments: I like the
work done in Squeakland, trying to keep the newbie-view alife (that's easy
for me).
 Squekland is elegant but most of all: Fun, my compliments.