[OT] RE: Squeakland Evolution project thingy

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Wed May 30 21:21:22 UTC 2001

<delurk>

One of his lesser-known and better books.

Just one observation on the "Intelligent Design"...<steady on,
Bob>...*individuals*, and then I'll go back to quietly lurking again.

Per the "Intelligent Design" <steady...> *individuals*, their perception or
a "design" for the universe "requires" the presence of a "designer", i.e. a
god or gods.  However, by their own logic, the presence of said "designers"
requires the presence of a creator of the designers.  And the presence of
the creator of the designers requires, by extension, the presence of a
creator of the creator of the designers.  Etc.  Cogito'ing, one finds, ergo,
an infinite sum.

Or, as Pratchett puts it quite succinctly, "It's turtles all the way down".

</delurk>

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken