comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak ?

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Fri May 25 12:45:09 UTC 2001

bobn at home.com wrote:

>David Pennington has offered to host private Smalltalk newsgroups on
>news.totallyobjects.com ... is there any interest in taking David up
>on his offer and ask  that he set up comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak ?

Sounds great!  Of course this list is wonderful, but the "AOL" minority such
as myself would likely benefit from an NNTP variant thereof.

>What would be the downside?

As long as we don't get too many "Turn $6 into Steamy Bijective Pixxx Debt
Free!" offers, it'd probably be fine.
I don't know whether a newsgroup would tend to dilute or augment this list,
however; any thoughts regarding "cross-posting" between the list and the
newsgroup for a one-stop-shop in the preferred format?

Flee