Plugin Versioning Woes?

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu May 3 13:58:30 UTC 2001

Michael Rueger wrote:
> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
> > Regarding the Squeakland stuff: It would be nice to make at least the
> > image downloadable now for not-yet-supported platforms. I cannot
> > extract the image from the proprietary installers :(
>
> Good idea! Figuring out how to support the non Mac/Win Netscape/IE
> platforms is definitely next on my list.

Great :-)

(you should point the DOWNLOADS link in the left menu to
http://squeakland.org/plugin/download.html instead of the autodetecter).

I downloaded the image now. It doesn't even start. The problem is it tries
to "assure" the default directory in FileDir>>startUp. It does so by
walking up the dir tree and looking if the directory exists. Which is of
course forbidden in the file sandbox -> BOOM. How can this work on other
platforms?

3 May 2001 1:09:20 pm
Space is low

VM: unix - Squeak3.0 of 4 February 2001 [latest update: #3414]
Image: Squeakland 3.1.3905 [latest update: #40]

SystemDictionary>>signalLowSpace
WriteStream class(Behavior)>>basicNew
WriteStream class(PositionableStream class)>>on:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>select:
UnixFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>directoryNames
UnixFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>assureExistanceOfPath:
[... repeated 100000 times ...]
UnixFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>assureExistanceOfPath:
UnixFileDirectory(FileDirectory)>>assureExistance
FileDirectory class>>startUp
FileDirectory class(Behavior)>>startUp:
[] in SystemDictionary>>send:toClassesNamedIn:with:
OrderedCollection>>do:
SystemDictionary>>send:toClassesNamedIn:with:
SystemDictionary>>processStartUpList:
SystemDictionary>>snapshot:andQuit:embedded:

-- Bert