Squeak .debs in progress and available for download/testing. -- Call for pairs of eyes.

Stephen Stafford stephen at clothcat.demon.co.uk
Tue May 29 09:31:14 UTC 2001

On Monday 28 May 2001  6:23 pm, Bruce ONeel wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Thanks, these are up on the ftp site
> in Squeak/3.0/unix-linux/Debian

Thanks, Bruce.

It would appear that for some totally unknown reason that I cannot work
out just yet that the vm will segfault on startup under some x86
sub-architectures (k6-2 in particular, perhaps others - I have had it
build and run properly on a 486, but I don't have access to that many
sub-architectures).  I will continue to look for the cause of this, if
anyone else has any ideas on why this is happening I would be happy to
hear from them.  (Marcus, there are no Build-depends listed in
debian/control.  Should I put some there? Could that be a reason for
this?)  There is no way can I sanction them going into the archive
proper until I find a solution to this.  Once I do find a solution then
I think they are pretty much ready to go.  The -image and -sources are
ready now, but without the -vm they aren't much good really. :)

--
Stephen Stafford
GPG public key on request