Squeakland.org (Plugin not working for Netscape on Mac)

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu May 3 19:52:15 UTC 2001

>Roger Whitney wrote:
>>
>> Placing the alias of NPSqueak in the correct location worked for IE, but
>> does not work for Netscape 4.7, Netscape 4.5 nor Opera 5.0 tr3. Previous
>> Squeak plugins have worked in Netscape 4.7. I did remove them to insure the
>> problem was not a conflict. Opera on the mac is pre-beta, so I did not
>> think it would work.
>Hmm, did you restart the browsers after placing the alias file into
>their plugin folder?
>You could also try to copy NPSqueak to see if that makes a difference.
>Are these browser on a non-system partition? I will test a few
>combinations like that later in the day.

I restarted the browser, I rebooted the mac, I copied the NPSqueak to the
plugin folder, I made a new alias to NPSqueak, I tried doing these things
in different orders. Netscape 4.7 is on the start up partition. IE works
fine even though it is not on the start up partition. May be time to
reinstall 4.7

Roger Whitney              Mathematical & Computer Sciences Department
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(619) 583-1978
(619) 594-3535 (office)