convincing squeak to use LF instead of CR as the line separator...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed May 23 20:56:35 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 13:36, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > But you may run into other problems unless you make some fixes, because:
> > 	* there is still some code (I think) that does not properly set binary
> > mode
>
> Hmmm.... this shouldn't be a problem on Unix.  There is no such thing as
> "binary mode" in Unix (it's all "binary"!  :-).  (or do you mean some
> binary mode within FileStream?)

There is such a thing as binary mode for CrLfFileStream -- this keeps it from
translating Character cr into platform-specific line endings. This isn't an
issue for the standard FileStream, which is why some code doesn't include it.
After all, not many people have changed their file stream types.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com