consolidating squeak web presence

Noel J. Bergman noel at devtech.com
Wed May 30 15:22:18 UTC 2001

> Making swiki.squeak.org pointing to the physical IP address of the swiki
> machine is the the only real solution.

Only if the path from the server to the swiki is the same, in which case I
believe that you could simply place place:

swiki	CNAME	minnow.cc.gatech.edu.

in the zone file defining squeak.org.  Note: that means that
http://swiki.squeak.org would be the same as http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu.
The proposed rewrite rule:

swiki.squeak.org/* -> minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/*

indiates the the desired mapping was to go directly to the Squeak SWIKI
instead of the list of Swikis maintained on minnow.  Personally, I think
that the DNS solution is perfectly useful, and I don't see anything wrong
with http://swiki.squeak.org/squeak/ for the Squeak Swiki.  Going to
swiki.squeak.org would point to all of the Swiki's maintained on the Swiki
server.

> I don't think that running everything on one server is
> necessarily the best solution.

No need for that at all.

	--- Noel