OT - getting mail via powerBook in UK

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed May 23 04:12:02 UTC 2001

This is very off topic except in as much as I know you will all be
dissapointed if I can't post anyting for a long time :-)
I have to visit the UK for a couple/three weeks and can't face not
having my squeak email. I will be taking my powerBook but I have no idea
at all how I might arrange to get mail!

Can I assume my modem will work (presumably a different cable/adaptor
will be needed, Fry's here I come...) and does anyone know of suitable
access numbers/methods/whatever? I'm going to have to travel around a
lot within UK. Are there any free ISPs left in britain?

All help most gratefully received - I suggest off-list replies to save
wasting everyones bandwidth.

tim
Unprecedented performance: Nothing ever ran this slow before.