latest and greatest iPAQ Squeak?

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Tue May 1 02:58:59 UTC 2001

[snip]

>   For example, this is a situation I'm having now.  I'm
> writing a code that uses the network from Squeak via Lucent
> 802.11 network card.  It simply works.  This is nice.
> However, I found that the screen flickers/flashes when I use
> the network.  I couldn't figure out why and I couldn't
> figure out why Internet Explorer doesn't have this problem.

Actually, this does ring a bell...I've been hearing the same sort of
complaints from Linux users on the iPaq mailing list. The general feeling
seems to be that this may be a hardware issue with the iPaq itself.

The discussion about this was rather recent...perhaps if you search the
mailing list archives on handhelds.org it might help you get to the bottom of
this?  Just a thought.. :)  The screen flicker has been mentioned several
times on that list, but  I don't recall if there was a  solution of any kind.