[BUG] cannot load BasicTextExample.ggd in GENIE

Jörn Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Tue May 1 14:21:09 UTC 2001

I just downloaded the BasicTextExample gesture dictionary from Nathanael's web site, tried to load it into Squeak (#3960), and got a walkback.
SqueakDebug.log is attached.

Seems the StandardFileStream underlying the ReferenceStream used has a fileID of nil.

If I do a "ReferenceStream oldFileNamed: <path>" in a workspace, the fileID's there.

If I try to slip in a manually created referenceStream in the debugger and proceed, it runs without error but nothing happens...

Joern